Saturday, August 4, 2012

Free nursery art

Of course... this project was free 'cause I had all the supplies, but it wouldn't be expensive anyway.




Take small wooden plaques and Mod Podge your paper on. I did a layer of cute brown paper and then a layer of a plain paper because I wanted my letters to stand out. I then Mod Podged over the paper again to make sure it was all sealed up.  I had to paint my chipboard letters white (they were blue) before I could glue them on. To make sure they stayed well I used E-6000 to glue on my letters.



Pick some ribbon.


Cut one end of your ribbon (it will hang down so make it cute!)


Again, I used E-6000, but you could use hot glue. 


I then glued the ribbon straight down the backs of my little plaques. I also took the top bit of ribbon and glued it into a loop for hanging.


Hang on your wall and voila: cute, cheap (or free) nursery wall art. I used the letter Q,R,S because I wanted to do something a little different than your typical A,B,C.

No comments: