Monday, April 19, 2010

Makeover Monday Crafting Rut...

So. I have been SO busy... and also kind of in a craft rut... A Crut? Well, whatever.
But I did manage to get some spray painting done with the gorgeous weather we have been having and I need YOU to help me!!!!!
The basic spray painting is done, however, I do not think that the pieces I painted are quite finished and I need some advice on where to go from here. So. Posted are the pictures of the various projects I have painted. Please PLEASE vote on the poll what you think I should do and if you have an idea I would love for you to comment here and let me know what you think.
Thank you, thank you from the bottom of my 'crutted' heart!


First. My dining room table. It used to be the color of the chairs. I lie the blue particularly with my painting. However. The color is slightly off what I was hoping cause I was lazy (naughty, naughty) and didn't want to strip it and sand it and then paint it. So I found a spray paint color (spa Blue by Rustoleum) that LOOKED lighter in the store and seemed to be just the color I wanted. It is not. But I can live with it. The real question is (since I am going for French Provincial and this table says IKEA Modern) How to dress it up to fit more with what I am wanting to do. Here is where you come in. Please vote in the poll.


Secondly. I loved, LOVED, LOVE the lines of this bedside table. BUT. Stain finishes are very hard to match and I have a MAJOR pet peeve. Mismatched wood. Now. I have seen mismatched wood in some houses and on some blogs where the designer/homeowner/blogger was able to match without matching and really put together a great room. I do not have this ability. Therefore I would rather paint things. So I painted this. I need you to tell me where to go next. By the way, notice the placemat that I also mentioned HERE ?So. Please vote on the poll!



Finalement. I have spray painted a black curtain rod the color Nutmeg by Rustoluem. I think it is nice-ish, but I would love, LOVE to make the little balls at the end really something special. What do you think? Please vote!!!

Thank you all. I am so grateful (in advance) for your much-needed input.

Merci Beaucoup!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your table. I voted as well :)