Saturday, March 26, 2011

Cousins, monsters, all.

Remember when I made that monster for my lil' buck-a-roo? Well. It was a hit. So I made one for a nephew and then I made these cuties for my two nieces. I made them out of curduroy and flannel (though the flannel when pulled tight with stuffing ends up tearing so I suggest using thicker, better material). I cut a little tummy for these ones and sewed a bow on the corner of the heads and tied it in a bow before sewing the middle to keep the bows tied. I also embroidered eyelashes (3 separate, straight stitches) on them.
Whaddaya think? I think they turned out cute.


6 comments:

Cathy said...

Very cute indeed!

B said...

Thank you! Really what makes me happy is how they were pretty easy to make. Plus, hubby entertained the little one so I could sew. :)

Ksenia said...

Love them! Adorable! I need to make one for Anya. Or a baby shower gift...

Nicole said...

Your niece C LOVES it! She will sleep with it every night because it keeps the real monsters away. I told her the unwritten rule that only one monster can be in a room at a time :)
She is not scared of monsters anymore!

B said...

Ksen, you should! took about half an hour each, I would say.

B said...

Nic,
Glad I could help!!!