Sunday, March 7, 2010

Charming...

Got the basics for this from my friend Candis... Amazing!


 

 Want to know how to make your own charming charms???
Read on.




Take some charms you don't care for but got on sale....

Take some paper you love.

Find a bit of your paper that has a design you like. I picked a little birdie since I am in the mood for spring.

Trace your charm. Cut and then cut down until your paper is in a little circle that fits just inside your charm. I left a little bit of the silver showing as a frame to my bird. There has to be another way to make this easier and better. Probably you could find a circle punch that is the same size as the inside of your charm, but oh well.

Mod Podge your paper circle into the center of the charm. I added a little rhinestone to the bird's wing to dress it up a little. Before any embellishments Mod Podge again and then add your embellishments.

Once the Mod Podge is dry coat it carefully with 'Glossy Accents' (can buy at your local craft store) Mine cost 8.99 but I had a 40% off coupon so it was less.

Let it dry until completely clear. It says 15-60 minutes but I had to leave mine much longer.


 

Once it is completely dry you are ready to string it on a chain, a ribbon, or anything else. You could add it to a bookmark or anything else you can think of!

I'll post soon about wire and ribbon bookmarks and we can highlight using a handmade charm to personalize it even more.

2 comments:

Jess said...

I love those! Very cute. Thanks for posting at Favorite Things Friday!

Unknown said...

these are so cute! I need to find some cute paper like that, that little birdie is adorable!