Friday, March 26, 2010

Re-vamping a lamp 3


I always loved this lamp I bought from Target. The shape was great but the colors I bought didn't ever go with anything I tried to design. Go figure. So I decided that I would help it along and make it fit into my new room idea.
Tutorial Here for re-vamping a lamp.
We'll do some quick steps here but for more in-depth steps click above.
Trace and cut from seam to seam. Spray adhesive and carefully wrap your old lampshade in your fabric of choice.
Cut slits in the fabric up to the shade. Hot glue or Tacky glue them under for a finished edge.
Take large rick rack and glue along the bottom and top. Leave it hanging on the bottom for a lacy feel. Fold over on the top for a finished look that doesn't look funky. I tried leaving the top but it looked REALLY weird so I folded it over, glued it and it looked a lot better.
Oh. At first I spray painted my lamp base heirloom white from Rustoleum. It used to have a dark bronze finish.
Voila. A plain, ill-fitting lamp to just what I needed to amp-up the romance and serenity of my room.

1 comment:

Funky Junk Interiors said...

So pretty! But what really caught my eye was how you made the lamp shade look scalloped with the trim. Genius!

Thanks for linking this up to SNS!
FJ Donna