Thursday, March 11, 2010

A DELICIOUS 3 ingredient recipe

Okay. You HAVE to try this if you like squash. If you don't... well, make it with pasta!
To be honest, I usually do make this with pasta but tonight tried it healthier and it was DELICIOUS.

So. "What is it, already?!" you are asking. Browned butter and Mizithra cheese over spaghetti squash.

Here's how you make it:

Bake your squash in the oven at 400* upside down until fork tender (about 40 minutes?) on a cookie sheet. You can put a little melted butter on it if you want.
scoop it out. You should have long stringy spaghetti noodle like bits of squash.

Note: I used half a squash. I steamed the other half and then blended it to make my buck-a-roo some more baby food.

Melt 1/2 a stick butter in a sauce pan stirring constantly until BARELY browned.

Grate Mizithra cheese (you can buy this at your local grocery store). Mizithra cheese has a creamy, slightly tangy and salty flavor. It is INCREDIBLE and far and away one of my favorite cheeses.

Put squash (or cooked spaghetti noodles) in bowl and pour browned butter over. Toss to coat. Then sprinkle a handful or two of grated cheese (really up to your personal taste). Toss that and EAT!

YUM!

The Old Spaghetti Factory makes a browned butter and Mizithra cheese pasta and I attempted to copy it. Turned out pretty well if I say so myself.

1 comment:

Holly Lefevre said...

YUMMY! and 3 ingredients...even better. Thanks for sharing.
Holly