Monday, March 15, 2010

Make over Monday

I think it's fun how lots of you out in blogland have a themed day or two. I think I am going to try to post something I have made over every Monday. Hopefully it will inspire you to find things around your house that you either hate, are sick of, or don't know what to do with and turn it into somehting you LOVE.

I did that with this frame.
A lot of people know how to Mod Podge a frame but I figure there might be someone out there who doesn't OR has been too scared to try it. If not I hope the look of the frame can give you an idea for how you want YOUR frame to look!



get your frame



cut your paper pieces. I cut mine a little bigger than what I needed and I will tell you why.



paint the bits that won't be covered in paper.



Mod Podge your paper onto the frame.

Using a nail file or sanding block sand along the edges of the paper that is hangin over the sides. This trims your paper to the perfect size and lends a shabby touch!



using a dry paint brush 'dirty up' your frame/ distress it by painting in crevices and streaking on the paper and/or paint.

Mod Podge the whole thing.



Pull one side of wire from wired ribbon to bunch up one side of your 'flower'. Twist until it is a flower shape. Take some felted wool (or just felt) and cut it into a circle. Using pinking shears (or just do it by hand) cut along the outside of the cirlce to create a jagged edge. shove that down inside and hot glue the whole thing onto your frame. The hot glue should hold the center in place and glue the entire flower onto your frame.


5 comments:

Nicole said...

I LOVE IT! It turned out SO good!

Esplins said...

Love, love, love the frame! I love it even without a picture but the pic is cute too.

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

very cute! Great Job! :)

Jess said...

That turned out really cute. I'll bet you are really good at scrapbooking too...Come stop by my Favorite Things Friday Party if you would like to join in!

Amanda said...

So cute! I'm loving all the frames I'm finding these days :)